Remove password from pdf: If there is some important and confidential information in the pdf then encrypting it with a secure password can protect its data. So for opening the pdf, every time you have to enter the password. Password protection secures your pdf from any mischief, but if you forget the password, it can create a mess.
To avoid this chaos, you can remove the password from the pdf and save it to a safer location or vault. So in this article, I am telling you the methods of removing the password from the pdf. And before I tell you the method. I want to tell you that you should know the password of the pdf to unlock it. There are different ways to unlock pdf from a password. This article tells you how to unlock pdf password in windows, android smartphones, and also unlock pdf online.
How to remove password from pdf in windows?
If you are using windows or mac os system, you can remove password from pdf using these two methods. One is with Chrome, and the second is using adobe acrobat. Both methods for unlocking pdf are so simple, and you can unlock your pdf in 2-3 minutes. But you must know the password of your pdf file.
1. Unlock pdf password using Chrome –
Chrome is a very useful browser, except you browsing the internet. You can also perform other tasks, like use it as a pdf reader, a media player, etc. And removing the password from a pdf file using Chrome is very simple. So let’s jump into the process.
- Open Chrome
- Go to file location and open file in Chrome (either right-click on file then go to open with then select Chrome or drag and drop to chrome search box)
- Now it will ask you to enter the password, enter it.
- Now click on the Print icon on the top right.
- In destination, option changes it to save as pdf.
- Now click on save it.
2. Unlock pdf password using Adobe Acrobat –
As you may already know that adobe acrobat is a very popular pdf software from adobe. It has a wide variety of features for pdf. And you can also remove the password from pdf using acrobat.
So here is the process-
- Open your pdf file in adobe acrobat.
- Now click on the lock icon in the top left.
- Click on permission details.
- Now change the security method to no security from password security.
- It will pop-up a confirmation box, now click on ok.
- Finally, click on save icon to save your setting, or when you close your pdf file, it will ask you to save your changes, then click yes.
How to remove password from pdf in an android smartphone?
If you want to unlock the pdf password from your smartphone, you have to download an application named PDF utilities. It is a free application available on Play Store and has the only functionality of unlocking a pdf password. You don’t have to sign up for using this application. Just locate your file, and remove the password from it. The process of this application is so easy. Let’s get into it-
- Download and install the application.
- Open the app, and it will ask you to select your file.
- After selecting the file
- Click on start.
- It will ask you to enter the password.
- After entering the password, click on ok.
- Done, new file will save in the download folder.
How to remove password from pdf online?
Soda pdf is a pdf software that provides every solution for creating, editing, and modifying your pdf file. And also, provide some quick access online tools that you can use to merge, compress, split, convert, lock, and unlock your pdf file online. It is a free online platform to perform various pdf related tasks. You can use SodaPdfOnline in PC and also on your smartphone to unlock pdf online.
The process of remove passwords from pdf online is simple and here is the method of doing it.
- Open sodapdfonline website to unlock pdf online.
- Upload your pdf file, and you can also upload it here from Google Drive and Dropbox.
- After uploading your file, it will ask you to enter the password.
- After entering the password, click on unlock.
- After a few seconds, it will refresh the page with your unlock pdf file.
- Download it from there.
If this article on remove password from pdf helped you, then share it with your friends and colleagues.